Harold S. Kushner is rabbi laureate of Temple Israel in the Boston suburb of Natick, Massachusetts. A native of Brooklyn, New York, he is the author of more than a dozen books on coping with life’s challenges, including, most recently, the best-selling Conquering Fear and Overcoming Life’s Disappointments.
Books in order of publication:
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People published in 1981
- When All You’ve Ever Wanted Isn’t Enough: The Search for a Life That Matters published in 1986
- Who Needs God published in 1989
- To Life: A Celebration of Jewish Being and Thinking published in 1994
- When Children Ask About God: A Guide for Parents Who Don’t Always Have All the Answers published in 1995
- How Good Do We Have to Be? A New Understanding of Guilt and Forgiveness published in 1997
- Living a Life That Matters: Resolving the Conflict Between Conscience and Success published in 2001
- The Lord Is My Shepherd: Healing Wisdom of the 23rd Psalm published in 2003
- Overcoming Life’s Disappointments published in 2006
- Practice Random Acts of Kindness: Bring More Peace, Love, And Compassion published in 2007
- Faith & Family: Favorite Sermons of Rabbi Harold S. Kushner published in October 2007
- Conquering Fear: Living Boldly in an Uncertain World Published in 2009.
- The Book of Job: When Bad Things Happened to a Good Person published in October 2012
- Nine Essential Things I’ve Learned about Life – 2016