John Henry Lanchester (born 25 February 1962) is a British journalist and novelist. He was born in Hamburg, brought up in Hong Kong and educated in England; between 1972 and 1980 at Gresham’s School in Holt, Norfolk, then at St John’s College, Oxford. He is married to historian and author Miranda Carter, with whom he has two children, and lives in London.
- The debt to pleasure : a novel. London: Picador. 1996.
- Mr. Phillips (2000)
- Fragrant Harbour (2002)
- Capital (2012)
- The Wall. London: Faber & Faber. 2019.
- Reality & Other Stories (2020)
- Family Romance. (2007)
- Whoops! Why Everyone Owes Everyone and No One Can Pay. (2010). What We Talk About When We Talk about the Tube: The District Line (2013)
- How to Speak Money: What the Money People Say–And What It Really Means (2014)