Simon Sebag Montefiore is the author of the global bestsellers ‘The Romanovs’ and ‘Jerusalem: the Biography,’ ‘Stalin: the Court of the Red Tsar’ and Young Stalin and the novels Sashenka and One Night in Winter and “Red Sky at Noon.” His books are published in 48 languages and are worldwide bestsellers. He has won prizes in both non-fiction and fiction.
He read history at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge University, where he received his Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD).
‘The Romanovs’ is his latest history book. He has now completed his Moscow Trilogy of novels featuring Benya Golden and Comrade Satinov, Sashenka, Dashka and Fabiana…. and Stalin himself.
Books in order of publication:
- Catherine the Great and Potemkin (2001) (originally published as The Prince of Princes: The Life of Potemkin)
- Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar (2003)
- Young Stalin (2007)
- Monsters: History’s Most Evil Men and Women (2008)
- Jerusalem: The Biography (2011)
- Titans of History (2012)
- The Romanovs 1613–1918 (2016)
- King’s Parade (1991)
- My Affair with Stalin (1997)
- Sashenka (2008)
- One Night in Winter (2013)
- Red Sky at Noon (2017)
Children’s books (with Santa Montefiore)
- Royal Rabbits of London (2016)
- Royal Rabbits of London: Escape from the Tower (2017)